I just knew from my husband that gelato was invented by the Sicilians. Its name was derived from one small town of Sicily called "Gela". I must say that Italy has really the best of gelato and a sure escape from a very hot summer.
Found this interesting article from Dr. Mao for all health conscious individuals out there. As we all know that "health is wealth", may these tips help you in achieving a good and healthy diet.
1. Millet: A well-balanced diet should consist of whole grains instead of refined grains like white rice and pasta, and millet is a beneficial and delicious staple of this category of food. This non-glutinous grain is over 10-percent protein, has high amounts of fiber and B-complex vitamins, and because it isn't an acid forming food, is easy to digest.
2. Asparagus: When losing weight, it's important to favor chlorophyll-rich foods, including asparagus. Asparagus is a nutrient-rich vegetable packed with folate, vitamins A, C, and K, and fiber. Asparagus also contains a carbohydrate known as inulin (not to be confused with insulin) that promotes healthy bacteria in the large intestine - which in turn promotes a healthier digestive function.
3. Pomegranates: Eating a balanced diet to lose weight should include eating fresh fruits, and pomegranates are a wonderful example of a healthy, nutritious fruit that has antioxidant properties and will help prevent cancer. While the benefits of drinking pomegranate juice have gained a lot of attention recently, you will be more likely to lose weight by eating the fruit fresh to increase your fiber intake and keep the calories down.
4. Pine Nuts: Pine nuts are the edible seeds of pine trees and are considered an essential ingredient in the tasty Italian mixture pesto. Chinese medicine uses pine nuts to improve gastrointestinal tract and digestive functions, and pine nut oil is even used for appetite suppression. Pine nuts and other nuts are a tasty part of a well-balanced diet intended for weight loss.
5. Green Tea: It has been found that consuming large amounts of coffee and caffeine can lead to food cravings, increase one's appetite, and induce stress-related eating. Green tea is a wonderful alternative to coffee in that it does provide a little caffeine but also contains beneficial antioxidants. So drink up!
***On thing more to complete a balance lifestyle- don't forget to make exercise part of your routine. I think an hour to sweat around would be enough to have your blood in good circulation and help release excess fats in your body. Have a healthy and smiley day ahead!:-) everyone! i am starting from here and we'll learn together.
I don't remember anymore how many times I tried to recover my past sites and attempted to make new one but I failed everytime. I don't know if it has something to do with my age that I have become so forgetful about details especially passwords. The "fault in the star" is that I don't write them on papers but only in mind. But what?!! age?? Oh, come on! I just freshly turned 40...as we all love to believe, "life begins". NOOOO!!!
Anyways...i hope this one is for good. We will see what we can do from here. :=)